By Jeffrey T. Parsons
For years, the focal point of intercourse paintings examine has been on street-based female and male intercourse employees and the HIV-related hazards they pose to their consumers. modern learn on intercourse paintings strikes past the fundamental organization among intercourse paintings and unprotected intercourse to a fuller description of the numerous features of the whereas nonetheless pursuing a greater realizing of HIV chance between these operating the streets. the varied techniques during this distinctive e-book contain distinct sampling, qualitative and quantitative interviews, ethnographic interviews with key informants, utilizing intercourse employees as recruiters, and quasi-experimental intervention designs.
Contemporary examine on intercourse paintings dispels the suggestion that each one intercourse employees are prostitutes operating the streets, highlighting as a substitute quite a few facets of intercourse paintings by way of gender, venue, and context. Social scientists from numerous disciplines current examine gathered from around the usa, Cambodia, the Philippines, Argentina, and Canada that displays the efforts to discover interventions and courses designed to enhance the social and actual lives of male, woman, and transgender intercourse workersand their consumers. The publication examines how diversified situations make sure various problems with strength, keep an eye on, well-being, social functioning, psychological future health, and HIV/STI hazard every one intercourse employee faces.
Contemporary learn on intercourse paintings examines:
- condom use by way of transgender woman intercourse workers
- the organization among psychological overall healthiness concerns and unprotected intercourse
- the effect of structural intervention in decreasing biologically sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- the hidden inhabitants of girls who solicit consumers in inner most destinations off the street
- stigma resistance between male intercourse employees in Canada
- the connection among adolescence sexual abuse and next involvement in intercourse work
- future health companies between male intercourse employees in Argentina
- how the intersection among race/ethnicity impacts woman intercourse employees in Los Angeles
- how intercourse employees care for the negativity that surrounds their profession
- job-related possibility and protection for intercourse staff in Canada
- felony issues and coverage issues
- and lots more and plenty more!
Contemporary study on intercourse paintings is your advisor to the subsequent iteration of intercourse paintings study, highlighting the necessity to comprehend intercourse paintings as paintings. The publication is an important source for researchers within the fields of intercourse examine, intercourse paintings, and HIV/AIDS prevention, and for clinicians who paintings with these all in favour of the industry.
Read or Download Contemporary Research on Sex Work PDF
Similar gay & lesbian nonfiction books
The yr 2003 marks the thirtieth anniversary of the landmark "declassification" of homosexuality as a affliction via the yank Psychiatric Association--a watershed within the lives of gays and lesbians within the usa. For the 1st time in heritage, a new release of self-identified lesbians, homosexual males, bisexuals, and transgender everyone is coming near near retirement.
Deviations is the definitive choice of writing via Gayle S. Rubin, a pioneering theorist and activist in feminist, lesbian and homosexual, queer, and sexuality experiences because the Seventies. Rubin first rose to prominence in 1975 with the book of “The site visitors in Women,” an essay that had a galvanizing impression on feminist pondering and idea.
In a highly formidable research which crosses continents, languages, and virtually a century, Gregory Woods identifies the ways that homosexuality has contributed to shaping Western tradition. Extending from the pains of Oscar Wilde to the homosexual liberation period, this publication examines a interval during which elevated visibility made recognition of homosexuality one of many measures of modernity.
“Love has no gender - compassion has no faith - personality has no race. ”After giving the area 3 specified works on humanism, one in every of twenty-first century’s such a lot influential thinkers Abhijit Naskar rises together with his fourth humanizing paintings of egalitarianism, within the “Humanism Series”. right here once more in his philosophical palms organic Sciences come to the termination of the society’s primeval prejudice opposed to Homosexuality.
- Eclectic Views on Gay Male Pornography: Pornucopia (Journal of Homosexuality)
- Female Sexual Inversion: Same-Sex Desires in Italian and British Sexology, c. 1870-1920 (Genders and Sexualities in History)
- Fiesta de diez pesos: Music and Gay Identity in Special Period Cuba (SOAS Musicology Series)
- Aberrations in Black: Toward a Queer of Color Critique (Critical American Studies)
Additional info for Contemporary Research on Sex Work
Contemporary Research on Sex Work by Jeffrey T. Parsons