By Maximillien de Lafayette
Samples of the way phrases are outlined, translated and defined in Akkadian and different languages of the period and the traditional international.
• Gan: Akkadian/Sumerian. Noun. a-A box. b-A piece of land. c-A backyard. From Gan, derived the Arabic observe Janayna, this means that a backyard, and the note Janna (Janah), this means that the paradise as pointed out within the Quran. The Arabic “Ganat Adan” in Arabic, and the Hebrew “Gan Eden” (the backyard of Eden) derived from the Aramaic phrases Gan, Ganta and Gentaa, which means park; backyard. backyard of Eden is Gentaa Edeen in Aramaic and Assyrian. The Arabic be aware “Janat” derived from the Aramaic observe Ganta. The note Eden is an Assyrian loan-word “Edinu”, synonymous with Seru, this means that a steppe, a simple, a box. From the Assyrian Seru, derived the Arabic be aware Zaur, that's the identify of a area positioned south of Babylon. to not confound it with the opposite Aramaic note “Ganta”, this means that a suitcase; Chanta in Arabic.
• Ha: Akkadian/Aramaic. quantity. One. Ha in Assyrian is an adverb, and capability many. In Hebrew, Ha is a piece of writing “the”. Hebrew and Aramaic don't use the indefinite articles “a” or “an”. Ha in Hittite is a verb, and ability to think. Ha in Sumerian and Akkadian is a noun, and ability a fish. Ha is usually a prefix in Phoenician, proto-Ugaritic, Neo-Assyrian, Akkadian, and Hebrew. The Tanakh comprises eighty four names with the prefix Ha. This prefix was once usually utilized in Neo Assyrian literature, texts, and through Biblical occasions.
• Lishannu: Akkadian. Noun. A tongue. Leshono in Aramaic. Leshono in Assyrian. Lashunu, Lashuna, and Lashon in Sumerian. Lashunu, Lashuna, and Lashon in Hebrew. Lishannu in historic Assyrian.
• Lishanna in modern Assyrian japanese dialect. Lisan and Lisano in Arabic. From the Arabic note Lisan, derived the Turkish notice Lisan. Nota Bene: Lisan in Arabic additionally capacity a language.
• Malku: Akkadian/Assyrian. Noun. A king. Malka in modern Assyrian jap dialect. Malko in modern Assyrian Western dialect. Malak in Hebrew. Malak in Arabic. Malaka in Aramaic. a few theologians, together with the early Hebraic students, and Kabalists referred to as the Malakim (Plural in Hebrew) Malaa’ikah (Plural in Arabic), the youngsters of the heaven. The Aramaic and Arabic be aware Malakut potential the dominion of God. Malkoth in Hebrew additionally ability the dominion of God. Malakout within the Brahman literature potential the Divine One. to not confound it with the Aramaic note Malka, this means that king; Malak in Arabic, and Melech in Hebrew.
• Gele Reshi: Akkadian. Adjective. naked head. From Gele Reshi, derived the Assyrian phrases Gilya Resha (Bare head). From Reshi, derived the Arabic phrases Ras, this means that head, and Reyes, Rayes, Ra’is, which suggest leader and head of a gaggle, or a president. Reish and Rosh in Hebrew.
• Gerra “Gherra”: Sumerian/Akkadian. Noun. identify of the god of fireplace and thunder, and son of Anunitu in different Semitic pantheons. Gerra was once a massive deity worshiped by way of the Akkadians, the Babylonians and the Sumerians. he's: a-Gibil (Ishum) in Sumerian. b-Girra and Girru in Akkadian. c-Gerra Ishum in Babylonian. Gerra was once invoked to guard opposed to black magic, spells, curses, and sorcery. He used to be pointed out within the Erra and Ishum pills.
Read or Download Akkadian-English Dictionary. Volume III (R-Z): Epistemology. Etymology. Terminology. History. Texts translation. Linguistic cross-references (Akkadian-English ... (Akkadian Dictionaryand Thesaurus Book 2) PDF
Best foreign languages books
Tuvaluan is a Polynesian language spoken by way of the 9,000 population of the 9 atolls of Tuvalu within the crucial Pacific, in addition to small and transforming into Tuvaluan groups in Fiji, New Zealand, and Australia. This grammar is the 1st specified description of the constitution of Tuvaluan, one of many least well-documented languages of Polynesia.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2007 im Fachbereich Deutsch - Literatur, Werke, word: 1,0, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin (Institut für Kunst- und Kulturwissenschaften, Seminar für Kulturwissenschaft), Veranstaltung: Kultur- und Wissenschaftsgeschichte des Leeren und des Nichts, 14 Quellen im Literaturverzeichnis, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: In der Arbeit wird untersucht, ob die Funktion der city Legends mit der der traditionellen Sagen vergleichbar ist.
Translation and Translating in German reports is a set of essays in honour of Professor Raleigh Whitinger, a well-loved pupil of German literature, an inspiring instructor, and a very good editor and translator. Its twenty chapters, written by means of Canadian and overseas specialists discover new views on translation and German reviews as they tell tactics of identification formation, gendered representations, visible and textual mediations, and educating and studying practices.
- Chinesische Studierende an der TU Dresden. Eine Untersuchung zum interkulturellen Lernen (German Edition)
- The Syntactic Structures of Korean: A Construction Grammar Perspective
- Ingles Para Latinos, Level 2, 2nd edition
- Filipino Work book: Learn Filipino / Tagalog (Midianpress)
- Die Aktualität des Filmes Fahrenheit 451 von Francios Truffaut: für den Deutschunterreich (German Edition)
Additional info for Akkadian-English Dictionary. Volume III (R-Z): Epistemology. Etymology. Terminology. History. Texts translation. Linguistic cross-references (Akkadian-English ... (Akkadian Dictionaryand Thesaurus Book 2)
Akkadian-English Dictionary. Volume III (R-Z): Epistemology. Etymology. Terminology. History. Texts translation. Linguistic cross-references (Akkadian-English ... (Akkadian Dictionaryand Thesaurus Book 2) by Maximillien de Lafayette